GEO Launches First-of-Its Kind, Private, Statewide Virtual/On Campus K12-to-College School

When we started the Greater Educational Opportunities (GEO) Foundation back in 1998, we did so because we don’t believe one size fits all. Families and their students need options. And, when we started GEO, we did so with the expressed intentions of serving those who need serving most–low-income and minority students.

That’s why GEO advocated for vouchers in Indiana when we opened our doors. Back then, vouchers seemed to be quite a longshot in Indiana. Indeed, charter law became the compromise in 2001. At that time, GEO decided to stop talking about choice and start providing a choice and created one of Indiana’s first charter schools in 2002. I was attracted to starting a charter school because it gave us an opportunity to demonstrate the power of choice AND to serve demands from low-income and minority students at no cost to their families.

But charters are a means to an end–quality education. Charters are not the only way to access quality education. Vouchers, tax credits, and moving to a different neighborhood are also meant to access quality education.

This past year’s pandemic taught us a great deal about the need to continue pursuing additional means and virtual is no exception. So, we set out to see how we can provide both a virtual AND on-college campus experience and to serve students outside our current brick and mortar footprints.

GEO Focus Academy is our newest and 6th educational opportunity in GEO’s menu of choices. This week, we were approved by the Indiana State Board of Education to start serving students statewide. While it is a private school, Indiana provides vouchers to income-eligible students that will cover 90% of the cost of tuition. We will raise the remaining 10% so the cost will be free to the students we serve.

What’s different about GEO Focus Academy? Is it just another virtual school? Nope. GEO Focus Academy will provide students the opportunity to take real on-college campus classes for college credit, degrees and certifications while in our high school. And, we will cover all related costs.

So today, GEO Foundation offers charter schools, career certification schools, college immersion schools, alternative (dropout prevention and recovery) schools, private schools, and virtual schools.

One size does not fit all! We know that. And we seek to serve.

I’m excited about this new menu option we have created. We are grateful to all our friends for their support over the years and we look forward to continuing to serve.



Kevin Teasley
Founder & President
GEO Foundation



Aplica Ahora (2021-2022)

Grade Level

GEO Next Generation High School utilizará el sistema en línea EnrollBR para el proceso de inscripción 2021-2022. EnrollBR es un proceso de solicitud común que brinda ayuda a las familias con la correcta elección de la escuela que satisfará las necesidades que sus hijos tengan. Los padres deben seguir las instrucciones a continuación para registrarse para el año escolar 2021-2022.

  1. Haga clic aquí para ir directamente a EnrollBR y comenzar su aplicación.
  2. Necesitará una dirección de correo electrónico. Si no tiene uno, aquí le brendaremos instrucciones para ayudarlo a configurar una cuenta de gmail de Google. Haga clic aquí
  3. Para obtener instrucciones sobre cómo completar la solicitud de inscripción ante de, Haga clic aquí

Para el año escolar 2021-2022, GEO Next Generation High School inscribirá los grados 9-10. La escuela está ubicada en 2355 N. Sherwood Forest Dr., Baton Rouge, LA 70815. Para obtener información sobre cómo inscribirse en el actual año escolar, comuníquese con la escuela al numero telefónico (225) 314-2044.

Apply Now (2021-2022)

Grade Level

GEO Next Generation High School will be utilizing the EnrollBR online system for the 2021-2022 enrollment process. EnrollBR is a common application process that assists families with school choice to meet the needs of their child(ren). Parents should follow the below directions to register for the 2021-2022 school year.

  1. Click Here to go directly to EnrollBR and begin your application.
  2. You will need an email address. If you do not have one, there are instructions to help you set up a Google Gmail Account. Click here
  3. For instructions on completing the enrollment application beforehand, Click Here

For the 2021-2022 school year, GEO Next Generation High School will be enrolling grades 9-10. The school is located at 2355 N. Sherwood Forest Dr., Baton Rouge, LA 70815. For information on enrolling this current school year, please contact the school at (225) 314-2044.